Do you have a favorite meal or food? Can you eat/drink and finish it within minutes? As for me, yes I do. I can eat one kilo of my favorite French fries in one sitting but I won’t tell you in how minutes I can finish it. Of course it shows how capable I am in doing it. I’ve been gaining weight with all of my favorite food trying to “seduce” me every time we meet.
Then if you do just like I am with French fries or any of your favorite food then this “challenge” is for you!
Yes! Calling all foodies, this is your chance to be part of something big. American cable TV specialty channel TLC and DISCOVERY CHANNEL and Gerry’s Grill is calling you with their latest gastronomic challenge. Dubbed as the “TLC CHOWDOWN”.
The contest is open to interested individuals of legal age, who could chow a “FAMILY CRISPY PATA and GERRY’S Iced Tea for 5minutes". Participants who would not be able to finish the task will be charged 50% f the meal’s total bill.
Gerry’s Grill along with Sbarro’s and Gong Cha has started this promo last January 7, 2012 and will end until April 15, 2012.
Here are the mechanics per participating establishment:
CHALLENGE: “”PLATTER MEAL CHALLENGE”
- The challenger needs to eat Crispy Pata, Rice , Sisig, Pinapaputok na Cream Dory within 10mins.
- Winners will get T-shirt, Tumbler plus Free Meal.
- Losers will pay half the amount (Php518.50).
- Top3 winners per branch (4) will be officially part of the finals=12 finalist.
Challenge: THE GREAT WHITE PIZZA CHALLENGE
- The challenger needs to eat 18 inches (4pound) White Pizza within 15mins.
- Winners will get 1 shirt plus Free Meal.
- Losers will pay Php551.00 plus button pin.
- Top3 winners per branch (5) will be officially part of the finals=15 finalist.
Challenge: The MILK TEA with PEARL JELLY CHALLENGE
- The challenger needs to drink 1 liter of Milk TEA with PEARL JELLY within 30 secs.
- Winners will get Php 100 worth of gc’s
- Losers will pay Php 120.00
- Top3 winners per branch (4)= 12 finalist.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS THAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- The challenger needs to finish the fastest possible time that they could under the allotted time.
- If the customer is able to finish the challenge under the allotted time, he/she will not have to pay for his/her drink/meal and his/her name will be placed on the Hall of Fame. He/she will also receive a premium gift item from Sbarro/Gerry’S Grill/GongCha
- If the customer is not able to finish the challenge, he/she will have to pay the amount of the meal/drink.
- THIS PROMO WILL RUN UNTIL APRIL 15, 2012 on SELECTED PARTICIPATING STORES.
- TOMAS MORATO
- GREENBELT 3
- BLUEWAVE MACAPAGAL
- ALI MALL CUBAO
- SM MALL of ASIA
- SM MEGA MALL
- FESTIVAL MALL
- MARKET! MARKET!
- CITIBANK SQUARE Bldg. EASTWOD CITY
- ROBINSON’S PLACE
- SM MEGA MALL IL TERRAZO- TOMAS MORATO
- ARANETA-CUBAO (In front of GREEN GATE of ARANETA COLISEUM).
And for The FINAL CHOWDOWN, you won’t miss this grand culminating event, the GRAND FINALS on APRIL 22,2012 at SM MALL of ASIA.
The Final Chow down Challenger Meal will consists of the 2 Challenger Meals (SBARRO Great White Pizza Challenge and Gerry’s Platter Meal Challenge) from two participating restaurants plus 1drink Challenge (GONG CHA) with Gong Cha’s MILK TEA with Pearl Jelly Challenge.
And prizes at stake are:
- 1st PRIZE: CASH worth of Php15,000 plus 25,000 worth of GCS from partner resto.
- 2nd PRIZE: CASH worth 10,000 plus 15,000 worth of GCS from partner resto.
- 3rd PRIZE: CASH worth Php 5,000 plus Php10,000 worth of GCS from partner resto
The prizes are really worth it, so what are you waiting for? You still have 15 days to go to the participating branches of GERRY’S GRILL, SBARRO and GONG CHA.
For more updates like them on FACEBOOK:
I am sorry if you may find my photos "uninviting".. I am planning to buy a new camera soon!
This is Gerry's Grill's Crispy Pata ...
Just the look of it makes me swallow hard..Can I finish this one?
Imagine these huge serving of Gerry's Grill's Crispy Pata..never mind..I still enjoyed the challenge
So help me God :)
I can't imagine finishing these one so I try to enjoy the challenge.
I encourage fellow foodies to join because there's still lots of time and the most important thing is ENJOY the challenge! Good Luck!!!