If you are a big fan of Amaya and Encantadia, be amazed with GMA’s newest salvo for the year 2013, INDIO.
INDIO is the much-awaited epic-serye that incorporates the historical roots of the “earliest” Filipinos to its unexplainable co-existence with the “Diwatas” up to the arrival of the Portuguese to conquer our land.
GMA Network’s newest epic-serye, INDIO is proud to introduced to us it’s powerhouse cast.
The title “Indio” is played here by Vincent Magbanua (as the young Indio),Alden Richards (as the “teener” Indio) and Ramon “Bong” Revillas Jr. (as Malaya, Simeon and Indio). Indio is the son of a goddess and a mortal, who is equip with strength triple than his normal strength.Her mother, Ynaguiguinid (played by Sarah Lahbati) the Goddess of War.
INDIO marks as Sen.Ramon “Bong” Revilla’s first primetime drama project via the network’s most expensive television drama to date.
According to Senator Bong Revilla,” Ang Indio ay isang pagbubunyi sa pagiging marangal ng bawat Pilipino, isang pagkilala sa mga maga.gandang katangian natin bilang isang lahi mula pa noon hanggang ngayon”.
What I love about this upcoming epic-serye is that it has historical value for kids who will be watching INDIO. It is historical in the sense that it is shot in the pre-colonial setting. The story revolves generations from the “diwatas” relationship with pre-historic people.
Got to watch it's premier screening at Megamall
Here’s what to look forward for the first week that it will be aired starting January 14, 2013.
In the series, the battle of goddess Ynaguiguinid (played by Sarah Lahbati) against the colonizers continues as she fights for the life of her son . Before Ynaguiguinid cast her last breath, she finally passed her supernatural powers to her son Indio/Simeon (played by Bong Revilla Jr.).
There’s a lot of interesting clans/characters to look forward here in this epic-serye like the SANREALS:
- Jennylyn Mercado as Esperanza Sanreal
- Jackie Lou Blanco as Victoria Sanreal
- Ramon Christopher as Don Antonio Sanreal
- Michael de Mesa as Juancho Sanreal
Be enticed as well with the amazing characters of the Gods and Goddesses:
- Dian Magayon – played by Rhian Ramos
- Ynaguiguinid- played by Sarah Lahbati
- Lidagat – played by Sam Pinto
- Libulan- played by Rachelle Anne Go
- Lihanghin –played by Ehra Madrigal
- Dalikmata – played by Ellen Adarna
- Adlaw –played by Paolo Paraiso
- Barangaw – played by Will Devaughn
- Ribung Kilat –played by Steven Silva
- Santonillo –played by Kyle Jimenez
- Lalahon –played by Solenn Heusaff
TAGA-ILAYA (The natives)
- Jomari Yllana as Tarong
- Agot Isidro as Linang, wife of Tarong
- Ronnie Lazaro as Waray Lupig
- Sheena Halili as Mayang
- Daria Ramirez as the Old Linang
- Dante Rivero as the old Tarong
- Melissa Mendez as Alicia
- Vaness de Moral as Elena
- Pekto as Pedro
- John Feir as Juaning
- Marco Alcaraz as Javier
- Ping Medina as Diego
- Robert Arevalo as Cosme
- Characters who will be playing special roles are:
- Maxene Magalona as Rosa
- Bea Binene as the teen Rosa
- Jillian Ward as the young Rosa
- Alden Richards as Malaya/Simeon
- Luis Alandy as Hangaway, Father of Malaya
- Bobby Andrews as Hernando
- Mark Gil as Miguel Lopez de Legazpi
Alden Richards plays the role of the teener Simeon a.k.a Indio
Saw Rhian Ramos at the premier also. he played well as the Goddess Dian Magayon
With the big number in terms of casting and production, no wonder if ever you will be following this new epic serye “INDIO”
INDIO, is created by the GMA Drama group, headed by Liliybeth G. Rasonable, Officer in-charge for Entertainment, Ma.Regina Magno, AVP for Drama, Camille Hermoso, Program Manager and Meanne Regala, Executive Producer.
Indio is penned by Suzette Doctolero with the supervision of Jake Tordesillas and Jun Lana and under the helm of Director Dondon Santos.
So be sure to watch INDIO as it takes us back in time; premiers on January 14, 2013 in the GMA 7 Telebabad Block.