Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Jensen Gomez Launched Album "Umpisa" via a Street Concert



With almost 500 people in attendance, young singer-songwriter Jensen Gomez’s album launch for Umpisa transformed Guijo Street in Makati into a concert venue last February 1. Jensen, along with his band, performed all the 10 songs included in the album.

To his fans, Jensen’s strength as a singer-songwriter is his uncanny ability to turn heartbreaks into beautiful songs. This is evident in the 10-track-album, which talks about heartbreaks, moving on, regrets, and wanting to start all over again.



“Playing music is my vehicle to express my personal mishaps, experiences, stupidity,” says the young singer-songwriter. “I hope my music will make you feel that you are the only one who is experiencing stuff- heartbreaks, and heartaches. There is, after all, safety in numbers.”

True enough, the number of people who attended the launch proved that people appreciate Jensen’s music. Hosting the event were singer-actress-TV host Karylle and Robin Nievera, a good friend of Jensen. TV, movie and theater star Tippy Dos Santos performed Umpisa with Jensen (the album includes their duet), while former Rivermaya vocalist Jason Fernandez jammed with the song Sisikat Ang Araw.

After Jensen’s 10-song-set, musician friends of the young singer-songwriter performed for the after-party held at Saguijo – Mayonnaise, Carlos Castano and She’s Only Sixteen.

Jensen then performed an acoustic, intimate set for the fans and friends, which further highlighted how musically-gifted he is. Sponge Cola frontman Yael Yuzon showed support by attending the acoustic set.

“The whole process of mounting the album launch was one exciting roller coaster ride,” admits Jensen. “So many changes had to be made, but better things came our way with other people’s help. “

From being one of the most promising names in the independent music scene, Jensen was discovered by Universal Records and management group Orion Entertainment because of the album’s title track and single Umpisa.

“Like any musician my age, I have experienced many difficulties. Luckily, amidst all the struggles, people have been supportive of me and my music. This made me pursue my passion,” expresses Jensen. “The release of this album summarizes everything I’ve been through in the past five years as a person, lover and musician.”
Jensen Gomez is being managed by Orion Entertainment. For inquiries, please email olrac1023@gmail.com.

 Follow Jensen Gomez:



Website: www.jensengomez.com
Twitter and Instagram: @IAmJensenGomez
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jensengomezofficial
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/jensengomez

UMPISA MUSIC VIDEO: www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51RZivFD7Q



UMPISA Tracklist:

1.     Not Even Close
2.     Alone
3.     Umpisa
4.     Could Have Been
5.     Just Vowels
6.     Runaway
7.     Subdued
8.     Tulad Ng Dati
9.     All I Want
10.  Sisikat Ang Araw

Bonus Track
11. Umpisa (duet with Tippy Dos Santos)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog
    and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such info much.

    I was seeking this particular info for a very long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    my web blog - diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete