Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MARRIOT MANILA: Where Flavors are TRULY ASIAN

Have you ever been to Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia or Vietnam? Well if not, you're not alone! But here's a chance for us to even savor the yummy dishes that those 4 Asian countries has to serve.

Last July2, 2012, I was among a group food bloggers who were invited to taste their month-long celebration of Oriental Flavors that's uniquely Marriot.

I was able to meet 4 amazing Chefs namely: Renaissance Kuala Lumpur's RUHIZAD MURI, JW Marriot Jakarta's DADANG WAHYUDI, Renaissance Riverside Saigon's PHAN TIEN HOA and JW Marriot Bangkok's THANTORN KROBSUAY.




At first look, you wouldn't think that they are chefs from our neighboring countries. They all look like Filipinos too. I wouldn't keep the surprise anymore. Here's the 4 masterpiece dishes that the chefs had prepared that night.



Cha'Gio (Fried Spring Roll)
Vietnam
Chef Phan Tien Hoa

SOM TUM
Green Papaya Salad 
Thailand




Aneka Sate
Assorted Satayy
Indonesia

Surprisingly for me, I didn't had that hesitation to taste and eat these 4 amazing Asian Flavors. Whenever I eat at fine at dining restaurants, the first thing that I will ask if they are edible? I mean sometimes a dish created is too pretty to eat. But this time, albeit the long travel just to get to Marriot Manila , Those second thoughts just banished as soon as a saw these yummy dishes prepared by Marriot Manila' guest chefs.

Dining at a 5-Star rated Hotel like Marriot Manila is never complete with guests bloggers like these awesome people:

It was nice seeing again Ana Gonzales of www.ANAGON.com 

and her other Fashion Blogger friends

Top Photo fr. L-R: Aisa Aipac, Ana Gonzales , (Me) and Lush Angel

Time for DESSERTS! 
We ate at Marriot Cafe! And Boy do they serve very delectable desserts. I was in "AWE" all the time.
But the winner for me is their "GELATO", which I topped with Mocha Beans! Yum!Yum!


Dining at Marriot Cafe spells "ELEGANCE" too! Did I mention that eating at their very own Marriot Cafe also compliments their Dining interiors. Very minimalist but with an impact!


So if you and your friends plans to have a taste of 'something" Truly "Asian", make a reservation at Marriot Cafe and for only Php2,300 net from Sunday-Thursday, avail of their "Flavors of Asia".                                                                                                                                    

Hotel: Marriot Manila
Restaurant :  Marriot Cafe', 
Feast Available: Flavors of Asia
Net Amount/person: Sunday-Thursday: Php2,300
                                             Friday and Saturday: Php2,500

1 comment:

  1. I also tried Flavors of Asia a few days ago. The receptionist told me they were having a promo so the price became 1850. It was the first promo I saw that saw the price increase since the buffet is normally 1550. =) Nice review.

    ReplyDelete