Monday, November 5, 2012

KOMRAD Il Terrazo: A haven for Hunan and Sichuan Cuisine Lovers

Last night we attended the very successful Starbuck's Kick-off Chrismas party which was held at its Bonifacio High Street branch.

I was with my youngest son, Zeus, Ann Ville and Maico (both are my friends too!). The original plan is right after the Starbucks party we will all head to the Il Terazzo Fright Night Halloween Party. But maybe because I'm not really in the mood to party, when we arrived at Il Terazzo I opted to stay behind.

I told my friends Ann, Maico and Florencio that I'll just follow in a few. But guess what I lied!!! My feet led me to KOMRAD Mao's Hunan and Sichuan Kitchen.

KOMRAD with its Black and white interiors ,at first glance I thought it was another Japanese restaurant. I don't know but whenever I saw a restaurant with those colors-Japanese restos comes to mind.

Glad that I lied and got to taste a different cuisine. This time Komrad offers Hunan and Scihuan Cuisine.

According to my research (again thanks to Wikipedia!), Hunan or XIANG CUISINE is known for its hot and spicy flavor, fresh aroma and deep color. The common techniques included in the Hunan Cuisine are stewing, frying, pot-roasting, braising and smoking. Dishes prepared "ala-Hunan" are mostly of Chili peppers, shallots and garlic.

While with Sichuan Cuisine, its very much spicier (yes very spicy aup to its superlative degree) and has basic flavors like sour, pungent, hot, sweet, bitter, aromatic and salty.

Now that I have given (and myself too) you guys an idea as to what cuisine KOMRAD is known for. Let me share with you the food that I ordered at KOMRAD'S last night.

If you're used to Cantonese Cuisine of the usual noodles and siomai fare, then for sure the "fiery" and spicy palette of yours will make you indulge more.

For starters, since I still had my very bad case of sinusitis, I ordered the SEAFOOD and SPINACH soup.

The SEAFOOD and Spinach taste just right to the stomach. I like it piping hot and to top it all feels warm in the tummy.

After warming up with that yummy soup next is.........



Dimsum

KOMRAD RICE
The KOMRAD Rice is just cooked right to the bite. One ofthe most filling rice dish I have tasted.

















Kung Pao Shrimp Balls are my favorite. This dish might also complement if you are having your usual yet short "drinking sessions. If you are at Komrad Sichuan and Hunan Kitchen, please don't forget to look for this dish.


Mao's Pork






















                                                                                                             FUKIEN NOODLES
All of the food posted above were all certified delicious but there is really one food item here that stood out for me-----and it was the KUNG PAO SHRIMP BALLS. If only you were there in our table, you must have realized that a storm might have passed by our table. When my friends got back from the party to have our very late dinner, in a matter of minutes, it was all gone. My friends who partied at ARIATO (the venue for the Il Terazzo Fright Night Halloween party) forgave me for lying and saying that I will follow them (only to know that I got glued to my seat and had begun my "KOMRAD" feast.

With regards to KOMRAD's pricing for their dishes, I can say that it's within one's foodie budget, meaning one gets to eat yummy Sichuan and Hunan fare with out overly-stashing their pockets.

What about the interiors, if one diner will really take the KOMRAD's interiors "literally", they would have thought that the owners are communist. In their walls , one will see there are Chairman Mao Zedong's pictures in almost every nook here at KOMRAD.

These are the wall fixtures of Mao Zedong. The chairman was also from the Sichuan's region, so I really expected to him on these walls.

More of the Chairman's paintings on Komrad's ceiling.

Here's KOMRAD's dining area with their tables painted with a Communist's sign.

Too bad we dined at KOMRAD way past their operation hours that I can't order another plate of MAO'S PORK. Well there's always  "next-time". Who knows we might bump to each here at KOMRAD Sichuan and Hunan Kitchen at their IL Terazzo  branch but if you find the T. Morato area a bit of a hassle, also try their branch at Eastwood City Libis.
.

I will update this post the soonest and will post the prices of their menu.








No comments:

Post a Comment